Saturday 13 December 2008

Good Grief, I'm Ahead Of Schedule!

After the disaster that was my mad scramble to post Redcap on time, I decided that rather than posting each story seven days after the last one went up, I would instead make sure that each story goes out before the end of the calendar week that follows when the last one went up. This gives me time to make sure that my real life can also get the attention it deserves, as well as the oppurtunity to add polish and shine to anything I write.

The staggering result of this decision is that my new story is flowing so easily, I'm suffering serious doubts as to whether anything that comes with such ease can actually be any good. On the other hand, after writing two stories that have... let's call them bleak, endings I thought I would try my hand at something a bit more cheerful and slice of life-ish. Maybe I'm not meant for writing concept pieces, or perhaps I just lack the requisite skill to really make them really leap off the page as yet, who knows. Either way, I'm off to continue the new thing -called "Hanging Around" as a working title- It's strange to find the actual act of writng as much fun as this, I'm convinced it should feel more like work than it does at the moment.

No comments: