Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Story: No. 5 of 52 - In The Long Hot Summer

It's typical really. I sign off my last post with Happy New Year etc., claiming I'm not likely to post anything today, then find myself pulling an all nighter and completing my new story "In The Long Hot Summer". It's up now, over at fifty-two-stories-lite.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with it. I've slipped back into bleak and unhappy mode, but this wasn't a happy event. Some of it is true, some of it isn't. All of the places are real, the people are real (with their physical descriptions kept minimal or changed from the reality where they are described.) and the true parts happened as I described them. The true parts are not necessarily the bits you would expect.

I think I'm off to bed now. All nighters aren't as easy as they were five years ago. Once more with feeling, Happy New Year and best wishes for 2009

No comments: